This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
If Google Street View is available, the image is from the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the monument. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1779 / 53°10'40"N
Longitude: -4.2534 / 4°15'12"W
OS Eastings: 249496
OS Northings: 366903
OS Grid: SH494669
Mapcode National: GBR 5J.3Z41
Mapcode Global: WH437.MDR3
Entry Name: Old Parish Church
Source ID: 3261
Cadw Legacy ID: AN054
Schedule Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
County: Isle of Anglesey (Ynys Môn)
Traditional County: Anglesey
The remains of a church which originally consisted of a double aisled structure with central arcade, a S chapel and a S porch. In 1844 the whole of the E portion of the church, with the exception of the arcade, was removed and the W end enclosed by a cross-wall a little to the E of the porch.
The main architectural features remaining are the external arcade, the 14th C S doorway, the S porch (possibly 15th C), the N doorway and 3-light N window, both of the 15th C. A fine selection of 18th C memorial stones survives, as well as heraldic and architectural stone fragments.
The monument is of national importance for its potential to enhance our knowledge of ecclesiastical building. It retains significant archaeological potential, with a strong probability of the presence of associated archaeological features and deposits. The structures themselves may be expected to contain archaeological information concerning chronology and building techniques.