Ancient Monuments

History on the Ground

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Cawood Castle and Castle Garth: residence of the medieval Archbishops of York and associated enclosure containing gardens, five fishponds and a quarry pit

A Scheduled Monument in Cawood, North Yorkshire

« Monument Details

Monument location is shown with schedule boundary polygons where available, otherwise marked as a point on the map which approximates to the centre of the monument.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8313 / 53°49'52"N

Longitude: -1.1297 / 1°7'47"W

OS Eastings: 457374.330814

OS Northings: 437573.484616

OS Grid: SE573375

Mapcode National: GBR NSK4.6B

Mapcode Global: WHDBJ.MY7R

Entry Name: Cawood Castle and Castle Garth: residence of the medieval Archbishops of York and associated enclosure containing gardens, five fishponds and a quarry pit

Scheduled Date: 5 December 1928

Last Amended: 26 September 1994

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1011518

English Heritage Legacy ID: 20539

County: North Yorkshire

Civil Parish: Cawood

Built-Up Area: Cawood

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Cawood All Saints

Church of England Diocese: York

AncientMonuments.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact AncientMonuments.uk for any queries related to any individual ancient or schedued monument, planning permission related to scheduled monuments or the scheduling process itself.

AncientMonuments.uk is a Good Stuff website.