Ancient Monuments

History on the Ground

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Two barrows known as 'Ferny Barrows' 500m west of Whiteway Farm: part of a round barrow cemetery to the south-east of East Lulworth

A Scheduled Monument in East Lulworth, Dorset

« Monument Details

Monument location is shown with schedule boundary polygons where available, otherwise marked as a point on the map which approximates to the centre of the monument.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.6342 / 50°38'2"N

Longitude: -2.1901 / 2°11'24"W

OS Eastings: 386652.400318

OS Northings: 81624.599678

OS Grid: SY866816

Mapcode National: GBR 224.5EB

Mapcode Global: FRA 679D.GLS

Entry Name: Two barrows known as 'Ferny Barrows' 500m west of Whiteway Farm: part of a round barrow cemetery to the south-east of East Lulworth

Scheduled Date: 14 November 1962

Last Amended: 17 March 1994

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1008029

English Heritage Legacy ID: 21938

County: Dorset

Civil Parish: East Lulworth

Traditional County: Dorset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset

Church of England Parish: The Lulworths, Winfrith Newburgh and Chaldon

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

AncientMonuments.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact AncientMonuments.uk for any queries related to any individual ancient or schedued monument, planning permission related to scheduled monuments or the scheduling process itself.

AncientMonuments.uk is a Good Stuff website.