Ancient Monuments

History on the Ground

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Giant's Grave - Two Anglian cross-shafts and four hogback stones in St Andrew's churchyard, Penrith

A Scheduled Monument in Penrith, Cumbria

« Monument Details

Monument location is shown with schedule boundary polygons where available, otherwise marked as a point on the map which approximates to the centre of the monument.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.6643 / 54°39'51"N

Longitude: -2.7512 / 2°45'4"W

OS Eastings: 351639.653709

OS Northings: 530167.684385

OS Grid: NY516301

Mapcode National: GBR 9G7H.5S

Mapcode Global: WH81B.Q124

Entry Name: The Giant's Grave - Two Anglian cross-shafts and four hogback stones in St Andrew's churchyard, Penrith

Scheduled Date: 13 April 1949

Last Amended: 20 January 1994

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1007629

English Heritage Legacy ID: 23661

County: Cumbria

Civil Parish: Penrith

Built-Up Area: Penrith

Traditional County: Cumberland

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria

Church of England Parish: Penrith St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Carlisle

AncientMonuments.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact AncientMonuments.uk for any queries related to any individual ancient or schedued monument, planning permission related to scheduled monuments or the scheduling process itself.

AncientMonuments.uk is a Good Stuff website.