Ancient Monuments

History on the Ground

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Defended settlement, 380m south west of Sandy House

A Scheduled Monument in Ewart, Northumberland

« Monument Details

Monument location is shown with schedule boundary polygons where available, otherwise marked as a point on the map which approximates to the centre of the monument.

Coordinates

Latitude: 55.5835 / 55°35'0"N

Longitude: -2.1099 / 2°6'35"W

OS Eastings: 393166.35893

OS Northings: 632212.644304

OS Grid: NT931322

Mapcode National: GBR F3QW.09

Mapcode Global: WH9Z8.KXGH

Entry Name: Defended settlement, 380m south west of Sandy House

Scheduled Date: 12 June 1973

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1002914

English Heritage Legacy ID: ND 533

County: Northumberland

Civil Parish: Ewart

Traditional County: Northumberland

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland

Church of England Parish: Kirknewton St Gregory

Church of England Diocese: Newcastle

AncientMonuments.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact AncientMonuments.uk for any queries related to any individual ancient or schedued monument, planning permission related to scheduled monuments or the scheduling process itself.

AncientMonuments.uk is a Good Stuff website.